1. This year, our group enjoyed volunteering at the "Run with Purpose" 5K Run/Walk. Alan did such a great job organizing the event, and our group was happy to help him early that morning in whatever way he needed us.
2. Also this year, our group enjoyed volunteering at the Easter Egg hunt by spreading the eggs and being boundaries for the kids around the field.
SPENDING TIME TOGETHER OUTSIDE OF GROUP
1. Once a month on a Sunday after church, we rotate households and have "BYOM" (bring your own meat) where we all bring our own choice of meat, grill it at the host's house, and enjoy a meal together and sometimes play games. This gives us a chance to catch up and spend time together in a way that we might not be able to during Bible study nights.
NEAT THINGS INSIDE OUR BIBLE STUDY
1. One thing we started to do just recently is have one person each Bible study share their testimony with the group. It helps us learn about each other and hold each other accountable.
2. Also, we do a monthly rotation of accountability partners within our group, which helps everyone stay open and honest about things going on in their life. Whether it is through meeting together for a meal or texting each day, this also holds each of us accountable to be the people we want to be.