What is "Transitional Kindergarten"?
Transitional Kindergarten is a class that helps prepare those children who need a curriculum that is more advanced than our traditional Pre-K curriculum, but not as intense as Kindergarten.
What children are eligible for this program?
- Children who meet the kindergarten cut-off of 5 years of age by August 1, but whose parents and / or current teachers do not feel are ready for an intensive all-day kindergarten program.
- Children who miss the August 1 cut-off, but turn 5 before January 1, and are recommended by their teacher.
- Children who have excelled in our Preschool's 3 year old program and are recommended by their teacher.
- All placement is subject to administrative approval.
What are the days and hours of Transitional Kindergarten?
Learning time will be Monday-Friday, 8:30am-3pm.
Non-academic activities will take place prior to 8:30am and after 3pm. Children may enter class the day after Memorial Day with limited academics. Beginning in August, we will start with full-time teaching.
Academics will conclude in May, but childcare and limited academics will be available until Summer Camp begins, which is the day after Memorial Day.
What is the cost?
Kindergarten will have 2 payment options:
- Learning Time Only Option - $3,500 per year ($350 per month for 10 months). Tuition will be posted on the 1st of every month from July 1 to April 1. Class will not be held on the days that the elementary school is closed.
- Daycare Option - Cost is $159 per week and will be billed on Monday of each week. Care is available whenever the Daycare is open.
How do I apply?
Enrollment forms are available in the office.
What if I have additional questions?
Please email our Administrator Ellen Sheets.
(3 by August 1st of the school year and potty-trained)
Tuesday & Thursday, 9-11am
(4 by August 1st of the school year)
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, 9-11:30am or 12:30-3pm
Annual Early Childhood Tuition
Pre-School - $1,000
Pre-Kindergarten - $1,350
All tuition can be paid in 10 equal monthly payments (July-August)
Pre-School & Pre-K - $70
Pre-School & Pre-K - $100